Study Abroad Program

Graceland recognizes credit for students who participate in study abroad. Initial assistance in proposing study abroad is available from the Coordinator of Study Abroad Programs or the student’s academic advisor. In order to study abroad, students must meet the following criteria:

  1. Students must have successfully completed at least 2 semesters of coursework at Graceland University before they depart. Students may begin the application process at any time.
  2. Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.80, or a minimum of 3.0 in the 2 semesters prior to studying abroad.
  3. Students must obtain approval for studying abroad by submitting a completed Experience Abroad Application Packet to the Registrar’s Office and be registered in the appropriate Graceland Study Abroad Course prior to departure.

Approval for study abroad programs is obtained through the following procedure:

  1. Students will review the catalog from the foreign university they plan to attend, or from the program provider they plan to study through and, using their degree audit sheet, identify classes that would appear to fulfill requirements in their majors, then consult with the appropriate faculty members for determination of course equivalency and any other needed assistance.
  2. Three recommended program providers that Graceland works closely with are ISA (, AIFS (, CEA Study Abroad and Central College Abroad (
  3. After completing the Experience Abroad Application Packet listing the courses that they plan to take abroad and attaching photo copies of course descriptions and documentation of costs, students will submit the completed Experience Abroad Proposal Form for review, approval and signature to the appropriate faculty members, their advisor, the coordinator of study abroad and financial aid. (The Experience Abroad Application Packet is available in the Registrar’s Office and online.)
  4. The approved Experience Abroad Application Packet will then be returned to the Registrar’s Office for final review. The student will then be registered in the appropriate Study Abroad course.  This form is to be used for the evaluation of transfer credit, tuition, registration and recordkeeping, and financial aid. Please see Student Financial Aid - Study Abroad for more information on financial aid for study abroad.  If you have questions concerning application of courses to major, minor or graduation requirements, contact the appropriate faculty member.
  5. 500 Internal Server Error

    Internal Server Error

    The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

  6. Students studying or interning abroad are encouraged to set up quest access for a parent, guardian, or other trusted person for the duration of their time abroad at // so that information may be shared as necessary.

Final transcripts for students studying abroad should be mailed directly to the Registrar’s Office by the study abroad college/university or program provider. In rare situations where transcripts are issued to the student, the student will deliver the documents directly to the Registrar’s Office in a sealed envelope. Certain situations may require a modified procedure which will be defined and approved by both the Registrar and the appropriate faculty member.